3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fed up with this transmmission!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015 | 05:10 PM
shawnap
|
Thumbs down Fed up with this transmmission!

I have a 07 Dodge Ram with the Hemi. A few months ago the selenoid pack in the tranny went out. Took it to a tranny shop and they replaced it. No issues. Then we got a bunch of snow and trying to get up an icy hill my 3rd gear blew out. Pulled the tranny and took it to the shop and they replaced the gear and clutch. When taking out the transmission a wire wasnt seen and got snapped. When the transmission was put back in the wire was sautered back together along with the exhaust which was cut off to get the tranny out. Since having this done, i'm pulling several codes. The truck will randomly die when in drive and creeping to a stop or just stopping and I get a check gauges warning light. I'm getting a P0420 Catalyst Efficiency Below Normal (Bank 1), C2101 Battery Voltage High. The check engine light will turn on for a few days then then turn back on for a few days. Now i'm throwing another code P0944 Hydraulic Pressure Unit Loss of Pressure.

My assumption is there could be a few pin holes where the exhaust was welded back on. I assume the wire being sautered back together could be throwing the voltage code? Would either of these cause the engine to randomly die the way it is? I'm at a loss on the last code.... The truck itself seems to be running fine other than the occasional dying. Sometimes while driving i'll notice it seems a bit off like a bit of a lag. Any ideas? I swear if this transmission needs another part replaced i'm gonna lose it!

Old 03-25-2015 | 06:59 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

You're blaming the transmission? Solder won't cause a code. Perhaps another shop?

Old 03-25-2015 | 07:18 PM
chuck_hammer
Veteran

battery voltage high could be a bad ground, or alternator issues.

soldering if done correctly is as good as a solid wire... is it..?

p0420 could be exhaust leak.

Old 03-25-2015 | 07:30 PM
shawnap
|

I think when the transmission was put back in something got screwed up. Immediately after putting it back in the above issues started. The shop didn't put it back in they just did the tranny fix and we put it back in. So trying to figure out what went wrong.

The wire was shortened slightly and I believe that can cause an issue....?

Last edited by shawnap; 03-25-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2015 | 03:18 AM
gerry92
Professional

Sounds on wiring and shorted to me, some moist and water could trigger it.

Old 03-27-2015 | 07:33 PM
gcburkett
Veteran

What wire was cut? Was it the O2 sensor wires? I think you need to recheck that connection to verify it was done correctly.