3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rear abs/speed sensor keeps going bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Mark_M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear abs/speed sensor keeps going bad

Hello everyone,
I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi 4x4.

The rear abs/speed sensor keeps going bad, I've replaced it twice within the past two months and now it's bad again.. The top feels like its loose. The last time I replaced it the casing of the sensor that goes into rear was cracked. I'm thinking I may have some plastic inside the rear now, which I'm going to flush out the rear.. Any ideas why it would keep going bad?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 10-19-2015, 06:49 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

can you see if something might have hit it? Ive replaced 3 so far that were broken from something hitting them driving on large gravel roads

Old 10-20-2015, 08:26 AM
Mark_M

Thank Tejas,
I haven't noticed anything hitting them. Just been driving on regular roads. When you replaced them, was the part that goes into the rear cracked?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:58 AM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

1st was cracked in 1/2 like factory over tighten, & the last 2 broke clean off.... im guessing cheap value craft brand I used it why but I need my cruise ctrl, tx highway patrols are speeder ticket happy these days. but if it happens a 4TH time i'll make a tab/guard welded on to the diff case. I no longer take that gravel road for hauling dirt bikes to the river

Last edited by TejasMtnBiker; 10-20-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: rear abs/speed sensor keeps going bad