3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Creaking sound from 04 2wd after sway bar and upper control arm replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:23 PM
seasonaleclipse
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creaking sound from 04 2wd after sway bar and upper control arm replacement

So I had the annoying sway bar link crunch and pop. I had a friend look it over and he said it needed upper ball joints too eventually. I ordered some sway bar links and moog upper control arms (the non servicable kind) and he put them on.
I notice when I go over bumps sometimes I hear a horrible dry creaking sound from some where in the front left area kinda like the titanic sinking haha but its not as bad as a sway bar link. Just a groan sometimes (not every time).
I cant quite tell what it is. It doesnt make the sound when I push down on either side of my truck so I dont think its the sway bar links.
Could I have gotten a dud upper control arm? Maybe they need to break in some?Im supposed to get a alignment next week at the shop my friend works at(He did the installation at his home shop but he doesnt have a alignment machine).

Anyhow, should I be worried or should I just go with it and see if it gets worse?

Old 11-23-2015, 10:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What I like to do it take some WD40 and spray certain areas to see if the squeaking goes away, if so then grease those areas

Quick Reply: Creaking sound from 04 2wd after sway bar and upper control arm replacement