3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Honed Throttle Body for 5.9L

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honed Throttle Body for 5.9L

Received my honed throttle body for the 5.9L Magnum engine Friday. Looks REAL nice. I suspect he either paints them or somehow polishes them somewhat after getting done with the honing. They look REAL good. I plan on doing a writeup and video for the install (yes it is probably really simple in the grand scheme of things, but this is how I roll ) Have a look for yourself:

Old 12-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional

I tried 3 times to get the pictures to upload. I descriptions on them all before and ditched doing it on the 3rd time because.. well uh.. tired of writing a description out and having it not take.

Install video and pics to come soon.

Old 12-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had that done with my 5.2L Second Gen. He kicked things up a bit by installing brass butterflies. I wonder if the same service is available for my 5.7L.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:53 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional

Originally Posted by Gary-L
I had that done with my 5.2L Second Gen. He kicked things up a bit by installing brass butterflies. I wonder if the same service is available for my 5.7L.
Do not know brother here is the auction addy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAKOTA-DURAN...YAAOSwcnpTqPqA

Old 01-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Black02CrCb
Professional

Before I put the new throttle body on, I gasket matched the throttle body to make sure that it did not stick past the actual throttle body which would negate any gains the massaged throttle body would produce.

What the original throttle body looks like (on right). I need to take care of the breather valve side to keep this from happening again. I just got the new throttle body installed, love the tune-up power! Engine runs smooth as butter. I just got back from Orielly's, checked the vehicle codes and there was none So this throttle body will not throw a code, and if you follow instructions you will be golden on getting the computer to recognize the new throttle body.

Quick Reply: Honed Throttle Body for 5.9L