3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cruise control and other problems please help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 01:30 PM
box
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control and other problems please help!

(2007 dodge ram 1500 HEMI) Problems started happening a while back, I don't know if this part is related but to get the best advice possible i will tell the whole story. It started when my driver side low beam stopped working so i used a light tester and i wasn't getting juice to the light. I did some reading on this so i found that since there is no fuse that i had to reset the TIPM. This fixed the headlight problem. A few weeks later i lost power while driving down the highway and the little red lightning bold symbol came up then went off and then i had power back. This has happened several times. Then i was driving down the highway with my cruise on and the cruise suddenly shut off. I turned the cruise off and back on and it worked again. after this i read the code and i got p2299 which is "brake pedal position / accelerator pedal position incompatible" so i reset it and that got rid of the red lightning bolt problem for a while. since then the cruise has slowly stopped working all together but the cruise light still comes on on the dash. I recently lost power again on the highway and got the red lightning bolt and i read the code again and it is the p2299 code again. I don't know what to do, i am a college student with no money so i can't afford to take the thing to the shop all the time to figure this out. I can do a lot of work myself on my truck and have plenty of tools i just can't figure out what the heck is going on and this is frustrating!! Any help would be awesome!!! Thanks

Old 12-18-2015, 10:25 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

--------------------
P2299-BRAKE SWITCH POSITION / APPS INCOMPATIBLE
When Monitored: Ignition on. No Break or APPS faults present.
Set Condition: The PCM recognizes a brake application following the APPS showing a fixed pedal opening. Temporary or permanent. Internally the PCM will reduce throttle opening below driver demand. One trip fault. ETC light will illuminate.

POSSIBLE CAUSES
DTC INFORMATION
INTERMITTENT CONDITION
BRAKE SWITCH OPERATION
APP SENSOR SWEEP

TESTS
TEST 1.

NOTE: If a pedal assembly becomes mechanically stuck the voltage output will stay fixed, if this is also Followed by a long application of the brakes this code will set.

NOTE: When this code sets the pedal position in the PCM software will ramp to idle. If the pedal voltage changes and the brake is released, the pedal position in the PCM software will ramp up to the pedal position and the ETC light will go out.

With the DRBIIIt, read DTCs and record the related Freeze Frame data.
Diagnose all other Brake Switch and APP Sensor codes before continuing.
This code can be set by a driver who uses both feet while driving, one for the Accelerator Pedal and the other for the Brake Pedal. This code may also set while Brake Torquing the engine if the Accelerator was pressed before the Brake Pedal.

Ask the driver of the vehicle if these conditions apply to their driving habits.
Are the listed conditions part of the customers driving habits?

Yes! Advise the customer of what caused the DTC. This is normal operation of a NGC II vehicle because of safety issues. Perform (NGC) POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 5.

No! Go To 2

TEST 2. With the DRBIIIt, read both Brake Switch statuses while pressing and releasing the Brake Pedal. Does the DRBIIIt display the Pressed and Released while pressing and releasing the Pedal?

Yes! Go To 3

No! Check the Brake Switch for proper installation and check the related circuits for opens and shorts using the appropriate wiring diagram. If OK, replace the Brake Lamp Switch assembly. Perform (NGC) POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 5.

TEST 3. Ignition on, engine not running. With the DRBIIIt, monitor both APP Sensor voltage readings. Slowly open the throttle from the idle position to the wide open throttle position.

APPS No.1 voltage should start at approximately 0.45 of a volt and increase to approximately 4.6 volts with a smooth transition.

APPS No.2 voltage should start at approximately 0.22 of a volt and increase to approximately 2.31 volts with a smooth transition. Does the voltage for the appropriate sensor follow the list specification?

Yes! Refer to the INTERMITTENT CONDITION Symptom (Diagnostic Procedure). Perform (NGC) POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 5.

No! Check the Signal and Return circuits for opens and shorts. If OK, Replace the APP Sensor Assembly per Service Information. After installation is complete, with the DRBIIIt under the Misc. Menu select the ETC LEARN function to relearn the APPS values. Perform (NGC) POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 5.

Quick Reply: cruise control and other problems please help!