3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Ram 5.7L Hemi - Rear Turn Signal Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 12:26 PM
kjclark1974
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ram 5.7L Hemi - Rear Turn Signal Issue

I've had to change my driver's side rear turn signal multiple times since I've owned my truck - at least 3 times in as many years. This time I figured, the thing just blew the cheapo bulb, again. So, I decided to upgrade to the LED bulb (same part number as the original one.) I removed the "blown" bulb only to find the filament in it still in tact, but it did have a distinctive burnt-out soot looking black area on the glass. I replaced the driver's side and the passenger's side blinker / brake light with LED's. Well, the brake light part works fine on both. The blinker works on the side where I didn't even need to replace the bulb, but now goes to blinking fast after like three "normal" blinks, and the stupid driver's side is still not blinking and doing the whole three normal clicks inside the truck then fast blinking inside the truck when I go to turn left.

I've had no issues at all with the multi-function switch. My wipers and all other turn signals work absolutely correctly. Since the inside notification of a bulb out started on the not-blown bulb side after changing to LED, I'm wondering if I need to take back the LED's and try the old cheap-o bulbs, again.

Has anyone else had an issue when changing to LED's blinker bulbs or an issue with one blinker bulb burning out more frequently than normal? If the going back with cheap bulbs doesn't fix the problem, I think I may replace the socket next. Also, I've had no blown fuses and no issues until this recent blown blinker.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:43 PM
p38251
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are issues with the circuit board. May want to replace.

Quick Reply: 2008 Ram 5.7L Hemi - Rear Turn Signal Issue