3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

quick question on fogs from the new guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Rebel8ball
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question on fogs from the new guy

New to Dodge more or less so please forgive me if this sounds silly, is there a simple way to make the fogs stay on with the high beams? I come from GM land where in an hour or so you can make high, low, drl, and fogs stay on, just wondering if there is an easy way to do this on the 03 Ram.

thanks for any info ya got!

Old 02-15-2016, 04:16 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

There's a thread in the DIY on how to do this.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Rebel8ball

so I did the search...as usual it seems the search function on this forum is as bad as any other...I understand long standing members get tired of the same questions over and over, but when new people come in and can't find it in search the only option is to ask.

If I'm understanding it right from the bit of info here and there, the only choice is Fogster SD7? I guess the canbus makes it more difficult or something? Is there another way I didn't come across?

Old 02-16-2016, 12:24 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel8ball
If I'm understanding it right from the bit of info here and there, the only choice is Fogster SD7? I guess the canbus makes it more difficult or something? Is there another way I didn't come across?
You don't have CAN bus, you have PCI bus. There is a write up showing which relays to jump, this will keep the fog lights on as soon as you turn on the parking or head lights, including low and high beams. The fogster will allow you to not HAVE to have the fogs on with parking lights if you don't want.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:56 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
You don't have CAN bus, you have PCI bus. There is a write up showing which relays to jump, this will keep the fog lights on as soon as you turn on the parking or head lights, including low and high beams. The fogster will allow you to not HAVE to have the fogs on with parking lights if you don't want.
Do you know the specific thread?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:23 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned

No, it's here somewhere, I had it on for awhile but got tired of having my fog lights on every time I kicked the parking lights on.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:19 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Old 02-18-2016, 01:28 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional

sweet thanks And I am not sure what I am going to do with mine, I am hooking up the halos when the fogs are on, I do want that but not sure on brights yet

Old 02-18-2016, 10:29 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned

I've been hoping someone close by with an 06-10 wants to do this with their fogs, I want to see if I can do it with the starscan. I changed the code on my Charger so now the fogs stay on with the high beams. Curious to see if the same thing works on the trucks.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:00 PM
mopar74
Professional

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
I've been hoping someone close by with an 06-10 wants to do this with their fogs, I want to see if I can do it with the starscan. I changed the code on my Charger so now the fogs stay on with the high beams. Curious to see if the same thing works on the trucks.
it does. my mechanic did it on the first oil change for me in '06.

Quick Reply: quick question on fogs from the new guy