3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Kill Switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 AM
GRed
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kill Switch

08 Ram 1500 it already has some type of alarm on it when I got it amo. ago. Does anyone have any suggestions for one. I like to put in a kill switch. How hard is it and will it interfere with any electrical. I like to install it, if its a possibility in the lighter. Does anyone have any experiences or have instructions on how to. Is it pretty straight forward? There was a video on people stealing with a mysterious box, it unlocks disarms alarm. (for purpose of break in)

Thank you

Old 02-22-2016, 07:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Confused. It has an alarm but you want another alarm?

There are plenty of aftermarket alarms out there and they come with instructions. Each one is different, so the instructions for installing will be different for each one as well.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You can put a kill switch anywhere on the wireless control module fused feed or ignition sense ckt.

Used car finance companies use the ignition switch sense usually for their remote disable boxes, you know, for when people don't make their payment.

Personally I would use the PINK w/ WHITE Tracer that is ignition switch power feed from the TIPM that wakes up the wireless control module.
Be sure to fuse it if you do.

However, I don't see the point when a wrecker can steal it no matter what.

Quick Reply: Kill Switch