3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7 Fuel Gauge Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Djjd76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7 Fuel Gauge Not Working

Hey all,

Sorry, I have seen a ton of posts on this, but nothing referring to the question I have.

My fuel gauge obviously doesn't work. I did the "self diagnostic" on the dash by pushing in the trip reset, and turning on the key. The gauges all did the diagnostics just fine.

Does this mean that I definitely need to replace the pump due to a faulty sending unit? If so, what's a good recommended quality pump?

Old 03-09-2016, 01:22 AM
gregovich

If the custer check was good, yes the sending unit has a bad ground or positive feed connection, you can meter the wires from the sending unit under connector 219 I believe under the left front fender , sending unit ground is light blue with black strip check for ohms readings if high then repair the wire from the sending unit to that connector, that was my fault and fixed it, although changing the pump wouldn't be a bad Idea after ten years plus, I did that also first. I have wiring dig for an 02 and should help if you need.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Djjd76

Originally Posted by gregovich
If the custer check was good, yes the sending unit has a bad ground or positive feed connection, you can meter the wires from the sending unit under connector 219 I believe under the left front fender , sending unit ground is light blue with black strip check for ohms readings if high then repair the wire from the sending unit to that connector, that was my fault and fixed it, although changing the pump wouldn't be a bad Idea after ten years plus, I did that also first. I have wiring dig for an 02 and should help if you need.
Thank you

Quick Reply: 04 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7 Fuel Gauge Not Working