3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone JBA Shorty Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 10:47 AM
bleachcola
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in that case mid lengths like his that dont go to the stock y pipe would be illegal too

Old 04-19-2016, 10:59 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bleachcola
what is your question? if doing headers on these trucks just get long tubes for best performance, pacesetter long tubes are 289.00 shipped new
First off I live in dead center Wisconsin in an metro area with 120,000 people...they don't do emissions testing here and I can and have run catless cars & trucks and most likely NONE of my 5 vehicles except my 04 Ram would pass if there were a yearly emissions test to be done.

Its easy to just say "buy this and buy that". I have cracked manifolds and they leak out of the back 2 cylinders because the last 2 nuts on each stud on each side rusted off. Honestly I would have even replaced my manifolds with another set of stockers but I found a great deal on craigslist for a set of ceramic coated JBA mid lengths for $160, they're in great condition and went for $780 new...Yeah they're going on no matter what!. The guy I bought them from said they'd bolt right up to the stock Y-pipe, but they don't! but that's craigslist for ya, and if the headers weren't such a great deal I'd actually be mad, but they're awesome so I can't complain which is also the reason I casually researched them prior to buying, not to mention the early bird gets the worm.

The main part of my header question that I have somewhat sorted now is the piping between the header flanges and catalytic converters...what does it look like? its hard to find the exact part number on JBA's site for them, and I don't even know if they sell it separately. The idiot who sold me the headers has these pieces still on his truck and I don't know what length they are or what they look like for bends.

I was just hoping that somebody with JBA headers had pictures of the piping that goes from the rear header flange to cat on each side so that I can make my own.

Quick Reply: Anyone JBA Shorty Headers?