3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone JBA Shorty Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 06:58 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone JBA Shorty Headers?

I just bought a set of ceramic coated JBA "shorty" headers off of craigslist because my manifolds are cracked between the last two cylinders on each side as well as the common thing that causes the Hemi tick (bolt heads & nuts rusting off), anyway these "shorty headers" which to me are more a mid length header because they DO NOT bolt right up to the stock exhaust and require modifying the stock flange and replacing it with a 3 bolt flange that has new o2 sensor bungs. I've yet to take my exhaust apart mostly due to not feeling like I'm prepared enough to do it without some down time on the truck, I need to get torch tanks filled and am mostly worried as to how the old manifold studs will come out of the heads as they are VERY rusty.

The guy I bought the headers from said that they required no modifications, he mentioned nothing of the flanges being 3 bolt flanges, with that said I'm almost certain I'll need to mod them so that the catalytic converters do not hang too low. . Also, I may have to mod a new o2 sensor bung/flange and need to know if there is an exact science as to where they're placed, common sense tells me to keep them as close to the flange as possible, but fitment may dictate otherwise.

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of their setup or ideas for easiest way to install everything PAST the headers lol It'd be nice to hear from someone who's not from craigslist, I paid $160 for the headers, and they're in great shape, so I don't think I got screwed as much as mislead about their fitment. Either way they're going on!.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone JBA Shorty Headers?-578-1960s-3js.jpg  
Old 03-27-2016, 05:30 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:26 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshSlash87
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
Lol. Obviously no one has them.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:03 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Lol. Obviously no one has them.

I remember the days when you could refresh a page on this forum and you'd have a reply. Nowadays its so hit & miss, you almost have to have a stupid thread for anyone to reply.

JBA's were pretty popular from the sounds of it, and are one of a few that give a dyno number of what to expect.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:30 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank social media for that. This isn't the only forum that died a slow death thanks to Facebook and the like.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:29 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
Thank social media for that. This isn't the only forum that died a slow death thanks to Facebook and the like.

Exactly. All the forums I'm on see less and less traffic. It's so much easier to post a question on facebook and have 50 responses within 5 minutes. But then you get all the stupid questions...."what kind of oil should I use?", "what type LED bulb do I use?". People are too freakin lazy to do any research on their own.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:16 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain

I agree boys, at least we still have each other

With that said, theres a facebook page I'm on called "Hemi Shop Talk" and most of the talk has f*ck all to do with Hemi engines, its mostly dumb questions about oil changes

Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 AM
LIZZRD
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey there Josh , i am about to buy a set of JBA shorties , they cost about $450 , so you got a good deal there. If the rest of your exhaust is older , you could get some pipe shop to make the rest of the exhaust to fit, welds, bungs, hangers, etc...

Old 04-14-2016, 04:35 PM
bleachcola
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is your question? if doing headers on these trucks just get long tubes for best performance, pacesetter long tubes are 289.00 shipped new

Old 04-15-2016, 03:22 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Not everyone lives someplace where they can do long tubes and still be legal.

Quick Reply: Anyone JBA Shorty Headers?