3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 dodge ram ELECTRICAL

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 07:10 PM
RamRvca
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 dodge ram ELECTRICAL

When fog lights are running(on) & switch high beams on, noticed the fog lights will turn off. Would love to keep fog lights operating when using high beam at all times and need some techs to chime in on how to work this here on the forum with out any trouble. have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 anyone out there has done this or simply knows, please explain how it was done thank you.I have found forums discussing the way it functions but, yet have seen a forum as to keep fogs on while high beams need to be used with out turning fog lights off

Old 10-09-2016, 08:05 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's normal for the fogs to shut off when high beams are on. Probably a gubmint thing. Don't know why you'd want to do this but all that's needed is to tie the fog lights + lead to the high-beam lead. A better way is to put the fogs on a separate relay and fuse set up. Better control and less chance of fire.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:49 PM
RamRvca
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
It's normal for the fogs to shut off when high beams are on. Probably a gubmint thing. Don't know why you'd want to do this but all that's needed is to tie the fog lights + lead to the high-beam lead. A better way is to put the fogs on a separate relay and fuse set up. Better control and less chance of fire.
Why i want to do this is to allow my self to have full control over my lights as how i want to use them i already have a dial switch in the cab that operates my lights from factory considering the lights function with parking and low beams not to mention i can control low beams and high beams being on at the same time so all i have left is to control and allow my self to be in control to have fog lights on when high beams are on. for certain weather conditions.

Again some specifically explain how this can be done in steps since i am not sure where to begin or as other forums with light mods doing a simple wire jump but, place me into the right direction

Old 10-09-2016, 09:16 PM
RamRvca
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeHTally

you mentioned the fog lights + lead to the high-beam lead since i have an 08 ram and i am running all led lights would thid hold up against the tipm and not damage it whats your advice

Old 10-09-2016, 09:41 PM
RamRvca
Rookie

does there need to have a diode in this method you suggested

Quick Reply: 08 dodge ram ELECTRICAL