3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odometer not updating

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 12:20 AM
Danm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odometer not updating

I have a 2007 Ram 3500 with 6.7 Cummins. The issue I have is that the odometer stopped updating while being driven. The PCM/ECM is also not updating. Using a Solus Ultra software version 16.4 (the fastest update) shows wheel speed but wheel speed mph is 0. The speedometer, teach and all other functions are normal and correct. The odometer show 621369 and the Pcm/ECM shows 621387, which I am not concerned about as there are usually small differences between computer and dash. There are no codes. Since the odometer stopped at the above number, approximately 4000 miles has been put on the truck. I cannot find any information on where to look or what to test to figure out the issue. All of the communication is CAN for the inputs.
Any direction on where to look would help greatly!!

Old 10-31-2016, 10:52 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Danm
I have a 2007 Ram 3500 with 6.7 Cummins. The issue I have is that the odometer stopped updating while being driven. The PCM/ECM is also not updating. Using a Solus Ultra software version 16.4 (the fastest update) shows wheel speed but wheel speed mph is 0. The speedometer, teach and all other functions are normal and correct. The odometer show 621369 and the Pcm/ECM shows 621387, which I am not concerned about as there are usually small differences between computer and dash. There are no codes. Since the odometer stopped at the above number, approximately 4000 miles has been put on the truck. I cannot find any information on where to look or what to test to figure out the issue. All of the communication is CAN for the inputs.
Any direction on where to look would help greatly!!
Hi Danm,

Looked this up for you and it sounds like the cluster odometer stopped working and may need to be replaced. Contact your local FCA DLR for a diagnoses.

Thanks.

Lyne

Old 10-31-2016, 10:54 PM
Danm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, but does that explain why ECM mileage is also not being updated? As I stated above the truck has been driven a few thousand miles since both ECM and Cluster stopped updating.
Why is there no cluster code if the cluster is bad?

Thank you