3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pulling in steering after new tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 02:31 PM
jstmahoney
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling in steering after new tires

So about a month ago, I had new tires put on. I went with the BFGS k02's. Got them from Costco, best deal. Other than 48 psi being too much, ever since I had them put on, I've had a pull to the right that it didn't do before. I Called Costco and they had me bring it back. After waiting over 3 hours, they called and said it was ready. Their explanation was that the tires were "way" out of balnce. Wich doesn't make sense to me if they had blanched them properly the first time. So I drove it home. About 10-15 mi freeway and 5 mi off. It's still pulling! Anyone have any. Ideas to figure out what it is? Alignment even though it was fine before the new tires? Or a bad tire? I noticed they rebalanced the tires and put them in the same location. I read on another forum that someone suggested swapping the front left and right tires. So I went ahead and did that. Ill drive it and find out if is still pulling to the right it's an alignemt issue. If not a defective tire? Thanks

Old 11-02-2016, 08:34 PM
p38251
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should always have the alignment checked with new tires. I would guess alignment is out.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:54 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

tires can cause a pull. a conical tire will do this. rotate the tires... side to side....both left side tires to right side; if the vehicle pulls the other direction or drives straight...tire pull is the problem.

a shop with a road force balancer can measure the amount a tire will pull (in addition to road force variation).

this is common with cheap *** walmart tires...you get what you pay for.

I use to by canadian tire brand se2...tire pulls and road force variation 35lbs... more than double allowed for a passenger tire....now i spend more for a quality tire.

Last edited by primem; 11-02-2016 at 09:57 PM.