3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rewiring radio/speakers/power, etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 12:29 PM
jkw217
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rewiring radio/speakers/power, etc

Hi everyone,
Name is Jason and I am new here. Found this site looking for a guide to rewire my stereo system for my '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7L 4 Door SLT.

I have a problem where my speakers on the passenger side (front and rear door) are putting a tiny bit of sound out and, it sounds as if you are on the phone and put the phone down and someone is talking, that's how low it is. I have tried switching the wires around and did not have any luck, I tried different speakers and same issues. They did work for a little while like they were supposed to then one day they didn't. Do y'all know anything that could be wrong with that?

What I am looking for right now is to buy the correct color wires for my truck, mainly the speakers. Does anyone know where I could buy those at? I want to rewire the stereo systems the exact way it is supposed to be.

Thanks y'all

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by jkw217; 11-24-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:26 PM
jkw217

I figured out the problem on the front passenger side, one of the wires needed to be re-soldered so that is now fixed. The passenger rear speaker I cannot see what the problem is. Wires are connected and I tried switching wires but still not working correctly, tried a different speaker with same results.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:09 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason,
Often on these trucks, the wire passing from the frame into the door at flex connection break due to fatigue. You might start there. The door panels are easily removed, and allow fairly easy access into this area. Once you have the boot pulled back and the harness exposed, you'll usually be able to flex the wire and find where its broken

Old 11-25-2016, 01:02 PM
jkw217

Thanks, I checked the wires and it seems fine. maybe there is a short somewhere. There is a tiny bit of sound coming out of it but nothing noticeable unless you put your ear up to it.