3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 ram 1500 5.7l hemi/P0520 oil pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 12:19 AM
marcpilot1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 ram 1500 5.7l hemi/P0520 oil pressure sensor

Hi. Nice to be back! Been couple months!
Got a 3rd gen Ram now! It's a nice red one. 2007, 150k. New engine(rebuilt with new crate block, heads, both were about 2k, and then about 3k more worth of labor and some other parts) One of the dealerships down here did the work.
Runs sooo good but has some semi medium/minor issues here and there still. Not sure if the other issues were prior to the rebuilding or what but the po didn't take care of it at all, whatsoever, except to take it to get it all repaired after it seized up, from never, ever, probably not once, changing it's oil! Then he couldn't pay the dealership for all the work/parts! He um, sort of was, into-(if ya know what I mean)

So I did!
And with that, you now know as much history about it as I do. I do know the purchase was a gamble.

Def still have the 2nd gen black one I got a few months ago that y'all helped a lot with, and like McDonalds says, I'm still lovin it! Thanks for all the help with it too! But I got this 3rd gen one cuz seemed like it was a pretty decent deal.

So, its got a few issues but none I don't think I cant handle. Well, I say I loosely, meaning "I" and of course, y'all, obviously!

CEL is on and it says p0520. Was hoping for help with that. It's like a sensor for oil pressure or something, from what I can gather. I cant seem to find the exact part to get, or the part(s) #'s. Also, don't know where the best place is to get the part(s) from. Like maybe RockAuto? Or is it imperative what ever parts it needs comes not from aftermarket? Like from Dodge only(Mopar, Chrysler?) Or the ol' A-Z, or oh oh oh Oreilys? I remember some things you all said don't work to good from the aftermarket, oem only.

Can anyone help with this issue? Like before I start tryin to figure it out or taking any steps? Which we all prob know could be pretty dangerous! Hate to mess something up so soon after just gettin it!

Thanks for any guidance/input!!

Old 01-08-2017, 11:34 PM
marcpilot1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it! Found the part, found a write up for the installation. Worked perfectly! Thanks for help. Now on to the next stupid code.

The truck is showing an 0452 code. This one seems tricky maybe? Is there any particular order of troubleshooting you think I should do, or follow? I got the factory service manual coming sometime soon but was wondering what steps I might should take to narrow it down. You all know, throwing parts at truck is def not the brightest way to start fixing anything! At least thats what y'all told me!!
And I know that that's right!

Anyway, appreciate the help. The last 2 codes arew the p2503 and p2504. Assumw theyre related. Any info there would be great but not wanting to push my luck to much! I think it's an alternator going bad code? The problem is, the battery is holding it's 12.6 pretty well! Could there be an issue with the instrument cluster by chance?

Thanks y'all!!