3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying 05/-6 Hemi 1500 QC

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM
TheWoody
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying 05/-6 Hemi 1500 QC

I have been browsing this forum for the last couple days and I have found it to be full of great information. I live in near Baltimore, Md, and am in the market for a 2005/06 Hemi quad cab. I am in the Air Force and have USAA as a bank so I have the benefit of their people working with Dodge dealers to get a truck at fleet price or lower. Just yesterday, they found a 2005 QC sport with a list price of $32k and they could have gotten it for <$24k. Is this something that they are getting me a great deal on or is it just because of the 05 rebates? What are you guys seeing as an average purchase price on both 05s and the 06s? My wife and I are expecting our first baby in May so the vette has to go. I figure if I have to drive something practical, it's gonna be fun and look good, also!

Looking forward to joining this forum soon!

Old 11-16-2005, 11:13 AM
stevearino
Default RE: Buying 05/-6 Hemi 1500 QC

ORIGINAL: TheWoody

I have been browsing this forum for the last couple days and I have found it to be full of great information. I live in near Baltimore, Md, and am in the market for a 2005/06 Hemi quad cab. I am in the Air Force and have USAA as a bank so I have the benefit of their people working with Dodge dealers to get a truck at fleet price or lower. Just yesterday, they found a 2005 QC sport with a list price of $32k and they could have gotten it for <$24k. Is this something that they are getting me a great deal on or is it just because of the 05 rebates? What are you guys seeing as an average purchase price on both 05s and the 06s? My wife and I are expecting our first baby in May so the vette has to go. I figure if I have to drive something practical, it's gonna be fun and look good, also!

Looking forward to joining this forum soon!
Maybe a little of both, rebates and the fleet pricing. Sounds like a great price.
Another thing to keep in mind, 05's have the 7/70 powertrain warranty, 06's do not. They are standard 3/36. Something to think about if you will be keeping it for a while.
I was able to get EP on both 05's and 06's, but the warranty and the additional 2000 rebate helped sway my decision(5000 rebate on 05's and 3000 on 06's).
That's a bummer about the Vette needing to go though. But then, maybe in the near future you could also pick up an SRT-8 300C or Charger.
The perfect family sedan hauler.[sm=burnout.gif]
Good luck bro' and thank you for serving and protecting the US![sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Steve

Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

You might want to check out the fuel mileage threads so there are no surprises! (LOL)

Other than that, they are great trucks and thats a fair deal. Will you be dealing with dealer or will the USAA do it for you? You might consider leasing and then refinancing if your credit is strong enough. You can get additional rebates depending on dealershp participation. Just call whoever you're dealing with and say "ok, I can get the truck for 24k. If I lease it, how much more is the rebate?"

Check Dodge's web site for rebates in your area.

I got mine from either 28k or 31k (I can't remember since I looked at soooo many trucks and packages when I was shopping) to $17, 500. I got the work package with the vinyl seats and rubber floors (1y.o. grandson, lots of formula and various things flying about and cloth did not seem the way to go if you know what I mean) and then added what I wanted in options so there may be a few k's difference. I know Randall Noe here in Terrell was selling the Lone Star Edition Quad Cabs loaded with the 4.7 for right at 21k if you leased it.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:13 PM
SIXPACKSUCKER

just to let you know, the 05 is by far a better truck, i took my 05 qc hemi in for service and got a 06 for a rental and the interior and the exterior i guess you could get used to, but that mds system sucks my ***.... it has no *****, its rated less in horsepower and when it goes into four cylinder mode, it takes a good several second stab of the throttle to get it to go back in to 8 cyl mode. the motor no longer feels like a motor, its a brain with all the electronics that are in it and i noticed absolutely no change in the amount of gas i went through and how fast i went through it. after a couple days in a 06 i was dieing to get back in my 05. a test drive will show you, i personally would get and 05 as fast as you can.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:05 PM
jpwarhal

Yep he is right about the 06 being a wimpy truck plus the fact that they got rid of the 7yr/70,000 warranty!! BUY THE 05!!!!! I bought the 05 QC 2500 4x4 with the big horn package for $24,900.00 a little over a month ago when they were having the employee pricing. The msrp list on the window sticker was $35,575.00

Old 11-16-2005, 08:11 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

You can do better. I paid $24500 on a sticker price of $37,000.

Quick Reply: Buying 05/-6 Hemi 1500 QC