3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2004 Hemi Running Rough, Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 07:09 PM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Now. Now. Calm down. Common issue on early 03 and 04 hemis. I replaced mine as preventative maintenance 100000 km ago. You put alot of money into it. If its in good shape , once the springs are done she will be good for many more miles to come.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:29 PM
suntanjam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have the time or cabbage to do preventive maintenance, nor should I have to on a vehicle that cost me well over 35k and only has 46k miles. Broken springs a common issue??? Where the hell is dodge on this??? Stick a fork in me...I'm done. So I either spend more money and time and replace the rest of the springs or drive a time bomb? Not this guy. I expect a new vehicles motor to go a minimum of 100k miles before any major motor repairs. 46k miles??? Done. I'll sell it and let some other die hard dodge fan drive the time bomb. I'm sorry if I am offending dodge fans, but this is just plain old BS on dodges part. I always wanted a truck and made the sacrifice and spent a lot of cabbage for my brand new baby and thought I'd have it for a long time as I didn't plan to put a lot of mileage on it. And I didn't. Now I'm spending a lot of cabbage for a horrendous design error by dodge. Game over...

Last edited by suntanjam; 03-03-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:14 PM
suntanjam

Well, truck still at dealer, bent rod, head needs to come off. Will know more Monday. Current bill at $1,600. But won't know for sure how much until they remove the head. I'm also calling Chrysler on Monday. This is BS!

Old 03-05-2017, 09:40 PM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Bent push rod or connecting rod. Im gonna guess a bent push rod. If so they are considering a bent valve....where the spring was broken. If bent valve you could ask them to repair that cylinder only....if possible...rather than valve job on complete head. They may also try to go a reman head assembly..

Old 03-06-2017, 10:49 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE]I don't have the time or cabbage to do preventive maintenance[/QUOTE]

Then don't say a word when it stops working.

What do you think Chrysler is gonna do for you on a 2004?

You're not offending anyone. The cost of ownership finally caught up with you.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-06-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:28 PM
suntanjam
Default It's Running again.

[QUOTE]I don't have the time or cabbage to do preventive maintenance[/QUOTE]

TNTECH, what I meant by this is "preventive maintenance on internal motor parts at 46k miles?" That's ridiculous. Just got it back from the dealer. Cracked rod and head...$2,500 plus $400 in parts I bought and $150 for a rental car as they had it a week. They also threw out the broken parts after I asked them twice to keep them for me, so now I don't have any evidence. I pleaded with corporate Dodge and they would not offer any help. I don't care if the truck is older. This was a defective spring and its happened to many people and Dodge will not acknowledge it. This should not have happened, period. I just sent one more request to corporate Dodge to offer some type of help, any kind of help. I will see what they say before I trash them.