3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Passenger Headlight and lamp out chime problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 06:40 PM
ScottES
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Headlight and lamp out chime problem

So the other day my passenger headlight went out, or so I thought. If I turned my light **** to anything but off the Lamp out light comes on and stays on. If I leave my lights in the "off" setting, the lamp out will flicker, but the chime will go off constantly like it does when the lamp out light comes on for the first time. I already replaced the bulb and know that it works fine because sometimes when I start the truck or am driving the headlight will just come on and it won't be an issue... Any guesses? I'm assuming its a wiring issue, but I don't know where to even start looking!

This problem was happening before and I took it into the local mechanic and he said he checked the codes and once he reset them it was fine, which it was for about 2 months.

e;

I did some reading about tail lights circuit board shorting, but can that actually be the issue if its the front passenger dual beem light that seems to be the one that's being affected?

e2; I did some more researching and found that my signal light is very dim compared to the right side when my lights are in the off setting and nonexistent when my head lights are on. So now I have no idea. plug issue maybe?

Last edited by ScottES; 03-19-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:54 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Could be a ground issue.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:00 PM
ScottES

Originally Posted by p38251
Could be a ground issue.
Any idea where the ground is? I think it's attached at the back of the engine bay, but I saw a post of someone sayings its by the rad?