3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

545RFE problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 04:53 PM
UTFAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 545RFE problem

Ok so I recently replaced the torque converter on my 05 1500 and now it does not want to shift into any gear. There is plenty of fluid but the one thing that I have noticed that it's not doing is the infamous buzzing sound when you shift from park into R or D. I've in other sites that buzzing sound is the solenoids in the valve body opening up to let fluid flow through. I have been searching for any possible scenario as to why it's doing this. It did throw out the P0700, P0876 and P0841. I have checked to make sure the wires were not cut or the harness damaged when I dropped the tranny. I have checked the main harness that connects to the solenoid pack, ground connections, fuses......EVERYTHING, (i think). If there is anything I could have possibly over looked please let me know, I am beyond frustrated with this damn thing and so close to giving up and selling it as is. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2017, 10:04 PM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Hoping you ensured the new torque converter was seated properly into the front pump. ?

Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

P0700 is general trans fault, P0876 is trans fluid pressure switch rationality, P0841 is low range pressure switch rationality fault. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you got the torque converter in right because if you didn't you shouldn't have been able to bolt trans up properly (not impossible though). As long as you got the two step engagement right when you put the TC in you're good. Did you change filter? Other instances of these particular codes have required either a solenoid pack replacement or something came loose internally.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:27 PM
UTFAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
P0700 is general trans fault, P0876 is trans fluid pressure switch rationality, P0841 is low range pressure switch rationality fault. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you got the torque converter in right because if you didn't you shouldn't have been able to bolt trans up properly (not impossible though). As long as you got the two step engagement right when you put the TC in you're good. Did you change filter? Other instances of these particular codes have required either a solenoid pack replacement or something came loose internally.
Yes the TC was seated properly and both filters were replaced. The only thing that i could think of would be that the solenoid pack is bad but i never had that problem before. This thing sure has been a pain in my ***.