3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 3500 Fuel Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 01:23 PM
hotdawg22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Ram 3500 Fuel Problems

I have another problem to solve and just can't seem to get started on it. This is a 2007 Ram 3500 6.7L that won't run. Yesterday I was coming home and made a left turn off main road and the engine just quit running and would never start again. The motor turns over and everything else works but won't start.
A neighbor towed me home with his tractor and I then tried to eliminate all possibilities. replaced crank sensor, no luck. Put in 2 brand new batteries and nothing. Tank is half full so no lack of fuel. I then did that risky thing and placed a gas soaked rag over the air filter and it started for a second or 2. So I knew it was fuel related.
I then drained the fuel filter (wasn't much in it) and the fuel looked clean. So I then turned on the key and not a sound coming from the tank and no more fuel came out of the filter. So that tells me the "in tank fuel" pump is not getting power. Went to parts house and bought new filter and RELAY.
My problem is, I can not find where the fuel pump relay is located. I got it from parts place so it has to have one somewhere.
Does anyone know the location of these relays? I did find a fuse box by the drivers side battery but it does not have this type of relay in it. It has fuses and tiny relays, but not like the big one that the pump calls for.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.