3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Ram 2500 Front End Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Dedduksdan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Ram 2500 Front End Problem

I have a 2006 Ram 2500 diesel. It's lifted 6" on 37" tires.
I was backing up to hook up to my trailer the other day (luckily) and my Pitman arm snapped. Leaving my truck dead in the water with no steering. This is the third time I've had issues with my front end. The other two being the tie-rod snapping and the shaft that connects to the Pitman arm shearing off. Again, luckily all while parked or moving very slowly. If any of these things were to happen while driving it could have been deadly. I know there's been a few recalls on these items and I've had them fixed from Dodge.

My question is if there is anyone else that have had the same or similar issues and what was the fix. I don't mind spending the money to upgrade if it's necessary. Or should I just stay with stock parts? It's kinda scary thinking what could've happened towing my trailer with the whole family with me if one of these parts broke while driving. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Dan

Old 09-05-2017, 07:50 AM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Three snapped steering linkages ! I would guess there is an issue with your lift ....
Steering linkage angles are way out of spec causing undue stress is my guess.