3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas pedal stuck to floor

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 10:01 PM
swamper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Gas pedal stuck to floor

Today I floored my truck to get up on the highway into traffic.I heard a clunk and then my gas pedal stuck all the way to the floor for about 30 seconds or more. Put my foot on the brake wouldn't slow down at all so I put the truck into neutral and then the gas pedal un stuck itself.Not sure why it did this or what the clunk sound was after i floored the truck but it was pretty scary.No codes no check engine light are on nothing at all.Anyone have a clue why this would happen?

my truck is an 03 hemi regular cab short bed.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if it uses a throttle cable maybe the throttle plate froze in cold temps...when you wot the rush of incoming air is cold enough to do this. inspect the throttle cable and linkage.

If the truck is drive by wire this won't happen; the throttle actuator has a ice break function.

next time it happens, stomp on the pedal to try to release it or better yet turn the key off enough to shut off the engine; but not lock the steering column if you have a column lock.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by primem
if it uses a throttle cable maybe the throttle plate froze in cold temps...when you wot the rush of incoming air is cold enough to do this. inspect the throttle cable and linkage.

If the truck is drive by wire this won't happen; the throttle actuator has a ice break function.

next time it happens, stomp on the pedal to try to release it or better yet turn the key off enough to shut off the engine; but not lock the steering column if you have a column lock.
He said he has an 03 hemi. If the pedal won't return then it's time for a replacement.

Old 08-26-2022, 01:50 PM
Buckee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OKI replaced the gas panel in my 2012 Dodge ram 2500 HD with 1 from 2012 ram 1500 and now the pedal is stuck to the floor and I don't know how to make it come up any ideas

Last edited by Buckee; 08-26-2022 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:03 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Remove the throttle cable and see if you have the same problem. It maybe the cable. Or do you have the fly by wire setup?

Quick Reply: Gas pedal stuck to floor