3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

545RFE will not shift out of park

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 11:34 AM
gcburkett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So does it indicate that its switching gears. Just want to make sure the range sensor is working.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:15 PM
rechinca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lever moves and the indicator shows it is moving through the gears. It is going to the shop either next week or the week after. Definitely has an issue. Hoping just the TC or solenoid pack but will update as soon as I get an answer from the trans shop.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:16 PM
rechinca

One more question though, does it take a specific scan tool to read what the trans codes are if it is throwing any? I have a pretty good scan tool for engine codes via the OBD port, but it did not read any issues.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Dodge074.7
Default Changed solenoid and filters now can’t shift out of park

Have a 2007 dodge ram 4.7 with the 545 rfe and I changed the solenoid block and filters now I’m unable to shift out of park I can’t figure out why. Did I somehow not lineup the valve body correctly with the shift linkage

Originally Posted by Luv2Q
I've got a similar problem going on and I just changed the solenoid block along with the transmission filters. I'm wondering / hoping I didn't seat the sump filter good enough and it needs to be reset. Once it warms up enough, I'll drop the pan again and check it out.

Anyone had success with sucking the transmission fluid out of the dipstick tube? If so, what did you use?