3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2003 dodge 2500 2wd 4 door 5.7 no brake pedal issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:50 PM
keys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 dodge 2500 2wd 4 door 5.7 no brake pedal issue

Ok so bought a 03 dodge 2500 2wd in September got a good deal so a few quirks no big deal. pulled some and shook a little when stopping thought rotors probably warped
about a month later went on a drive about 150 miles away about 90 miles into it front right wheel well started smoking bad (thought caliper locked up) again decided needed to replace front brakes.
So the other day replace pads rotors calipers and bled system. went on test ride lost all pedal and came back looked as if the overflow radiator tank had cracked antifreeze and water all over? not brake fluid cleaned up rebled system still no pedal so went and got a master cylinder came back installed rebled whole truck till pedal was hard. As soon as I test drove lost pedal again???? no abs lights on still pulling and vibrating?????

Old 01-31-2018, 02:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Is that front caliper still locking up? (I know you replaced it, but, most times, its the soft line that is the problem, not the caliper.)

Old 01-31-2018, 04:02 PM
keys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking now it may have never been caliper after reading some posts and the condition of the brakes
had similar issue lock up and pulling with Tahoe few years back replaced power booster master and ended up being a bearing.. but never lost pedal
Ok bought truck in September got a good deal so some quirks are expected.
Had it about a month and went to Miami about 90 miles into trip (straight from keys not many lights or stop and go) front right wheel well starts smoking so I figure caliper is locking up (figure it would need brakes) So been driving and it pulls a little and shakes just replaced front brakes yesterday pads rotors and calipers. The others were not in bad shape considering I thought caliper was bad and rotors warped. So I bleed the system and take for test ride loose pedal and brakes. Come back lift hood and radiator overflow seems to be cracked water all over??? Anyway rebleed rebleed and rebleed sytem get pedal up and hard and take for a drive to floor again and no brakes. So I go buy a mastercylinder install and bleed bleed and bleed again pedal nice and hard take for ride again pedal goes to floor and no brakes. No fluid leaking or anything ABS light not on and never has been

Quick Reply: 2003 dodge 2500 2wd 4 door 5.7 no brake pedal issue