3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hvac problem

Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Scff
Rookie
Default Hvac problem

2007 Ram 1500. I installed heater treater doors along with new evaporator and heater core a couple years ago. It was working flawlessly until now. Recently Iíve noticed an odd problem with the temperature control. If it is turned to full heat, when I turn it down about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way, it continues to blow hot air at the foot well and luke warm on the face. It will continue to do this until I turn the temperature to full cold. I also replaced the actuator for the temperature door, it didnít solve the issue. Any suggestions?

Old 02-11-2018, 09:55 PM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

I think you have more than one temp door, but, not 100% on that.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Scff
Rookie

Originally Posted by Scff View Post
2007 Ram 1500. I installed heater treater doors along with new evaporator and heater core a couple years ago. It was working flawlessly until now. Recently Iíve noticed an odd problem with the temperature control. If it is turned to full heat, when I turn it down about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way, it continues to blow hot air at the foot well and luke warm on the face. It will continue to do this until I turn the temperature to full cold. I also replaced the actuator for the temperature door, it didnít solve the issue. Any suggestions?
So, I removed the dash and checked all the blend doors. They appeared to be all good, but heater treater sent me new doors, so I replaced them anyway. The problems persists though. If I go from heat to cool, not full cold, the vent temperature is not as cold as it should be unless I turn to to full cold and then gradually increase it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hvac problem

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: