3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No power till key is on

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 08:56 AM
paullarue6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power till key is on

Hey everyone.

So I have and 05 ram and none of my interior lights nor headlights work until key is in on position. I was told one thing could be iod fuse. I have checked every fuse and there is not one that says iod on it. I also texted every fuse and they are all good. Is there something else I may be missing? Thanks

Old 04-18-2018, 03:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

The iod fuse is sometimes cleverly concealed under a cover, so, it doesn't actually look like a fuse......

Old 04-18-2018, 07:34 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Check fuse cavity #51

Old 04-19-2018, 05:36 PM
karlmich
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paullarue6
Hey everyone.

So I have and 05 ram and none of my interior lights nor headlights work until key is in on position. I was told one thing could be iod fuse. I have checked every fuse and there is not one that says iod on it. I also texted every fuse and they are all good. Is there something else I may be missing? Thanks

I just fixed this same issue. it more than likely is a failing splice on the A114 circuit. I am an electrical Engineer and trouble shoot this very issue. at your ODB 2 port you are supposed to have 12 VDC all the time on pin 16 that is the lowest position on the right. you will probably find about 3-4.0 Vdc at the pin. I can tell you what i did but first are you "Electrically minded" ? because this will involve soldering and cutting the power wire behind the instrument clusterand running a parallel path back to battery (+) terminal and fuse it
for 7.5 amps. i supposed your key fob doesn't work or your radio when the car is on! also do you get a buzzing noice in the dash cluster with a faint red light ?

Old 04-19-2018, 05:37 PM
karlmich
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paullarue6
Hey everyone.

It has a Black cover over it. you need a tester and all you have to do is pry open the top and wiggle out the fuse. it is typically in slot 51

Quick Reply: No power till key is on