3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speakers for Quad Cab

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005 | 04:45 PM
mpd2436
|
Professional
Default Speakers for Quad Cab

I have two questions. 1st, is it true anything more than a coaxial speaker with the stock stereo is useless? Something to do with the crossovers. Someone please ellaborate on this as i'm ordering my speakers soon. 2nd, How do you replace the dash speakers? Where are the screws, clips, etc., and how hard is it for a novice to do. The door speakers seem pretty easy. I did a search but could not find anything to answer my questions. Thanks.

Old 12-03-2005 | 03:09 AM
mpd2436
|
Professional
Default RE: Speakers for Quad Cab

Anyone?

Old 12-03-2005 | 11:20 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

If you want better sound, you need more power. Assuming you don't have the stock Infinity setup, just go look at Crutchfield to get an idea of what fits and what doesn't. They also offer tech support and directions with everything you buy from them. I haven't dealth with them, however, my brother swears by them and thinks they are great.

Old 12-03-2005 | 02:40 PM
arkid
Amateur

I found someone had posted a .pdf file on here of how to remove the dash speakers aswell as doors & headunit. Try searching around a bit, I beleive the file was called "stereo install.pdf".
I think the dash where the speakers are just lifts up, there are no screws, only clips.

Old 12-04-2005 | 11:53 AM
mpd2436
|
Professional

I did do a search but I guess I did'nt type in the right words. I try the strereo install. I wanted to replace the speakers 1st to see what the difference in sound would be before replacing the stock radio as i am on a budget right now. Thanks

Old 12-05-2005 | 10:57 AM
stevearino

The dash speakers are easy. I used Infinity Kappa 32.7's. Just pry up on one edge of the dash trim peice(the black peice) with a thin flat blade screwdriver, and then just pry up on the rest with your fingers at the clip points. The front part of the trim peice(closest to windshield), you have to pull back towards you to get it out. Sounds like the clips are breaking, but they aren't.
The dash speakers you need to splice the wires into, the door ones you can get wiring harnesses for.
I replaced 6 speakers in my truck(7 spkr Infinity system) and it made a world of difference. It was like taking a blanket off of them. I'm just going to add a sub to the stock system(afermarket amplified of course) and that will be enough for me. I don't really need everyone in a 5 mile radius to hear my music. If I do, I just plug my guitar in to my 100 watt Marshall

Old 12-05-2005 | 12:27 PM
babyrooth

What speakers did you use for the front and rear doors?

Old 12-05-2005 | 02:28 PM
mpd2436
|
Professional

That's exactly what I wanted to do with my system. Replace the speakers and see how it sounds before I go any further. I'm not into the amplified subs and all that. Just a little better sound. Thanks

Old 12-05-2005 | 03:06 PM
05ramlaramie
Veteran

I changed my whole system.....I had the infinity system.

Even the infinity system is underpowered if you go with different speakers.

+ the stock amp setup only puts lows to the doors speakers and the mids and highs go to the dash.

Quick Reply: Speakers for Quad Cab