2002 Random ground wire - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 3rd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

2002 Random ground wire

3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2002 Random ground wire

Old 07-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Lauren Kirkman
Default 2002 Random ground wire

My husband just bought an 02 and when we popped the hood, there is a (apparently) random extra ground wire coming off of the negative terminal. We are wondering A) what itís for since there is already the ground wire and B) does it matter where we connect it to?

Iíve attached a picture of the wire. We appreciate any help! Usually I can google and find these things but we are at a loss.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:03 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

On the older trucks, that wire would go to a stud near the power steering pump. But, on yours, it seem the power steering pump isn't where I would expect it to be...... I suspect, if you find a good bolt on an engine bracket somewhere, that will be adequate to the task.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:14 PM
3rdgens4sell
Rookie

Just did a motor swap on an 02 4.7 ram. Mine had a ground wire bolted to the block just above the oil pan, below the power steering pump. Right next to the oil filter drain catching thing (not sure of official name for it) i think the jeep i pulled the motor out of had its ground wire there. Shouldnt matter much as long as the ground harness on the heads are intact

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Random ground wire

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: