3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

which flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:39 PM
26 P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which flowmaster?

Would sound the best on the 05 qc hemi? Of the flowmasters............. 40's delta flow or super 40 or the 40 series? I want the truck to rumble but not like a nascar car. I'm going to have dual exhaust. Let me know what ya'll think?

Old 12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
stevearino
Default RE: which flowmaster?

I have the 50 series delta flow. SI/DO
I think it sounds great. Not obnoxiously loud, but you'll definately still hear it with windows up.
The funny thing is, I had the 50 DF on my 6.0 2500HD Chevy and it resonated bad in the cab, but it doesn't on my Ram. You won't get any performance gains, but I didn't do it for any gains. The stock 05 exhaust was just waaaaaaaaay too quiet for me.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Avanti
Captain

I suggest NOT the one noted in another current post that melted the guys spare tire! You might want to look for it and contact the member and find out what he had.

All the best.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:24 PM
cannonrep

Beware Flowmaster exhaust kits!!

I bought a flowmaster kit (40 series muffler) For my '04 Hemi Quad Cab. When I hung the kit in place prior to welding it I noticed Flowmaster decided to put a portion of the exhaust under the spare tire, not only making it look aweful from behind, but making the spare tire very difficult to get to. I went to my local Meineke muffler shop and had them custom bend an exhaust for me to hide it above the spare tire and picked up some 3 inch tips also (the tips included in the flowmaster kit are small and are not cut to an angle).

The setup sounds nice now...and looks good. Anyone who is considering a flowmaster exhaust kit...don't. Just buy the muffler and have the pipes custom bent (It will cost about the same as buying the kit and having it installed). You will be much happier with the result.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:07 PM
26 P

hey cannonrep. Your post makes a ton of sence. But here's my question. Did you put the kit on yourself of did you have a "performance" shop put it on? I would think if you have a professional do it they would have bent the piping so your could get the tire out easily. Just wondering thanks.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:32 PM
darrinvw02

have an 02 1500 QC 40 series muffler dual out the back- sounds great. not to loud on the inside. Get great comments from everyone that hears it. I wouldnt change mine if i had the choice

Quick Reply: which flowmaster?