3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyne has a Coolant Level Sensor 2004 ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 02:39 PM
aliaj00@gmail.com
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyne has a Coolant Level Sensor 2004 ram 1500

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to put a coolant level sensor on the truck.
mine has an issue with leak somewhere on dashboard and till i fix it i need some way of knowing where i am at with the coolant level.

Tim

Old 11-07-2018, 02:42 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Can't you just keep an eye on the expansion tank level every now and then?

Old 11-07-2018, 02:58 PM
aliaj00@gmail.com
Amateur

i am looking it but i am doing 75 miles every day, if i turn the heater on, sometimes it start leaking sometimes it does not. i am worrying that it may burst and burn the engine while i am riding. i found some online and i am willing to modify it but i dont know if the sensors are digital or analog. Do newer Dodges has one i can get. i am good with electronics and would certainty love to have it there.

PS i am waiting to get a day off to fix it but as this is my daily ride to work and back it will be difficult to open and finish the radiator on the dashboard in one day.

Tim.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:21 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by aliaj00@gmail.com
i am looking it but i am doing 75 miles every day, if i turn the heater on, sometimes it start leaking sometimes it does not. i am worrying that it may burst and burn the engine while i am riding. i found some online and i am willing to modify it but i dont know if the sensors are digital or analog. Do newer Dodges has one i can get. i am good with electronics and would certainty love to have it there.

PS i am waiting to get a day off to fix it but as this is my daily ride to work and back it will be difficult to open and finish the radiator on the dashboard in one day.

Tim.
My new truck don't have it, or if it does I never seen it). I assume you could take a washer fluid sensor and put it into the overflow tank using jb weld as a sealer, so it doesn't leak. Then wire it to an LED light.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:54 AM
aliaj00@gmail.com
Amateur

Yes i think soo. That's what i will try and do. its very strange that small cars and suv has it and doge does not. most cars in EU has it. when i got the truck used on 2016 i thought it should have been there. I need to buy a used coolant tank and modify it.

The problem i have is: does anyone have knowledge if the sensors of this type are analog or digital???

=Tim

Quick Reply: anyne has a Coolant Level Sensor 2004 ram 1500