3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Diz West
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!

(Sorry it’s so long, but wanted to describe) So i have a 2003 ram 1500 4.7 with the 545RFE with 217k
i drove thru a huge body of water (had no other choice) after she started acting up and then died! I did my research and checked everything and started replacing! Since i have replace the plugs, coil packs, TPS, tps wire harness, MAP, oil pressure sensor, cam sensor, serpentine belt, air filter, changed oil multiple times! I got her running beautifully except now there was a intermittent hard shift from 2-3 gear! Recently i was on a road trip when i went to start her up (in the cold) she warmed up and thru a misfire in 5th cylinder code! Now given how cold it was i knew this could be a possibility since she dove the 1st 1,000 miles beautifully and hadn’t ran since we got there. After getting warm i let her sit (around 30 min) and code was gone and she was great. I heard this loud tick about 400 miles into my journey home! I pulled over to fill up and check her out when i heard the tick a little louder! Checked oil she was a little low, when i opened cap to top her off there was like a yellow foam visible? I couldn’t stop i got her home. Now the motor whines and knocks and seems like my tps is fried because of idle and rpm movement. Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 12-13-2018, 09:44 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Check your oil. If it looks like a chocolate milkshake, you can figure the engine is essentially toast.

Quick Reply: Please help!!