3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

missing after head gasket replaced

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 04:32 PM
lelanijo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing after head gasket replaced

First time on the rorum
I replaced the head gaskets on my 2005 ram 1500 hemi 5.7 and now it sounds like it is missing a cylinder. When I replaced the wire harnessI ended with a 2 wire electrical connector that I dont know what it connects to. It runs between a/c compressor and alternator it is about 10 inches long from harness. Other than that I dont know what the problem is. ( it also sat outside for 6 months before I did the gaskets) Greatly appreciate any help with this Thanks DJ

Old 12-22-2018, 04:38 PM
3rdgens4sell
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your push rods. One of them could easily have came off the rocker. Ive done that my self. If that doesnt solve your problem pull the plug to the coil packs one at a time and see which one doesnt affect the motor, believe its called a power balance test. Check those things and respond back if it works or narrows down the issue. Posting what the fix was helps others.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:02 PM
lelanijo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK Will give both of those a try THX

Quick Reply: missing after head gasket replaced