3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Possible Fuel Pump

Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Check fuel pressure. If no pressure, verify you are getting power to the pump for a couple seconds at key on, and while cranking. If not power, probably TIPM. (there is a kit to bypass the TIPM for the fuel pump relay.)

Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 AM
dperry4930
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is the key. How do I check power to the pump? I don;t have any wiring diagram other than my Haynes which I don't see as useful.

Also, that kit for the TIPM jumper. I called the company that makes it, they don't sell it for my year (2007) Ram.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Try here. There may be some hoop-jumping involved to initially get access, but, then you are golden.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:50 AM
campermama
Professional

So when my truck stalled at the light, I was actually able to get it to start just enough to get it off the street. I'm voting for fuel pump.....borrow a reader from someone, you could possibly have your answer in a few minutes. Just sayin.....

Old 02-10-2019, 05:09 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Im having a similar issue. Mine died on my way to work and I don't even hear the pump come on when I turn my key forward. I have 180k on old girl, and this is the first time she's actually left me stranded. Fuses are good, swapped relays, no codes that my supechips pick up. I assume its the pump.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:51 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by BadHab1t
Im having a similar issue. Mine died on my way to work and I don't even hear the pump come on when I turn my key forward. I have 180k on old girl, and this is the first time she's actually left me stranded. Fuses are good, swapped relays, no codes that my supechips pick up. I assume its the pump.
If you can't hear it and you verified that you are getting power to it then it's the pump

Old 02-19-2019, 03:51 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
If you can't hear it and you verified that you are getting power to it then it's the pump
I figured as much, I pulled my bed off and replaced it with a Delphi from Autozone. Turned the forward 3x and varoooom! She hasnt missed a beat since.
At the time of previous post and upto swapping it, I only verified power at distribution. I couldn't get to the plug at the pump to test it with out removing the bed/tank.

Last edited by BadHab1t; 02-19-2019 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:07 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whit that many miles on it, I would replace the pump, relay, and the fuel filter. No reason to take any chances.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:10 AM
dperry4930

Phew. After checking there was power coming out of the TIPM, and waiting on my football player son to return for Spring Break, I pulled the bed, replaced the fuel pump, and now I am good to go...

Old 01-05-2024, 09:05 AM
Oscar Blas palacio
Default Posible Solucion a mí me funciono en ram 1500 2007 5.7

Posible Solucion a mí me funciono en ram 1500 2007 5.7 después de varios intentos y fracasos en otros talleres me llegó esta camioneta de un amigo que yo sin ser mecánico ni eléctrico pero conociendo un poco sobre computacion me di cuenta que había una dentro del tipo a lo cual igual que en los celulares recurrimos a un bypass del starter solo que el truco está en qué tienes que girar dando marcha y sosteniendo el switch hasta el fondo pero antes de esto debiste haber removido el cable que va del módulo de poder al motor de arranque en mi caso era de color amarillo y estaba junto con el cable rojo de poder de 12 v que viene de la batería además en donde debería de estar la terminal amarilla o el voltaje que envía el switch de encendido en esta caso que va del módulo de control o fusilera coloque una pinza con un cable de 3 metros y otra igual de la terminal o del cable rojo y al final de estas líneas nuevas que hice las tome y dejé hacia el asiento del chófer para poder hacer maniobras y en estás terminaciones de cables instale un switch de encendido a botón que encontré en Autozone por 7 dólares el cual ya instalado tienes que pulsar para hacer un puente en las terminales del motor de arranque pero primero giras el swich hasta el fondo y lo mantienes así pero al mismo tiempo pulsas el botón que acabas de instalar, yo lo que hago giro el switch que está por el volante y después de un segundo pulso el botón de arranque que instale ya que tenemos solo 2 segundos para hacerlo que es cuando el giro del switch envia la orden o señal a la bomba de gasolina si no realizas la ignición hasta el fondo no va arrancar aunque dejes abierto el switch tienes que hacer el mismo proceso en el swich del volante como si fueras a prenderla normal pero al mismo tiempo pulsando el switch de botón de encendido que acabas de instalar ahora que si no quieres gastar en el botón antes de corroborar pide a alguien que mientras tú haces la ignición normal encendido hasta el fondo en ese momento la otra persona junte las terminaciones de los cables que acabas de sacar nuevas de las terminales del motor de arranque y pum we jalo esa mierda 😂 por su atención gracias coman frutas y verduras posdata no soy mecánico ni eléctrico pero si me gustaría serlo. Cualquier información busque me en face o whats app 3463507647 y lo público aquí por qué a mi también me sirvió todos los consejos que han estado publicando y gracias al grupo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible Fuel Pump