3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can anyone recommend control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Cluelessram80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone recommend control arms?

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 slt hemi

Truck is great, very happy with it. Experiencing the death wobble or vibration on steering wheel at 55+mph. Both upper and lower control arms bushings have some play. This is basically a daily driver but on occasion might make some trips with hauling so I’ll be happy to use moog if they’re good enough, or have some prefer tubular designs with poly bushings? A lot of aftermarket control mentions “ fit with 0-6” lift”. Mine looks factory but does right height look stock?
never had a four wheele so this is all new to me. Thank you

Old 02-07-2019, 03:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

There are a lot of other things I would check before replacing controls arms, for a vibration while driving. Death wobble is a VIOLENT shaking of the tire/wheel. To the point of the truck becoming uncontrollable. If you are just getting a vibration, try rotating the tires first, and see if anything changes. While you are doing that, check the tires for separated tread, or shifted belts, or uneven wear. Getting them rebalanced wouldn't be a bad plan either. (and they can rotate them at the same time.)

Old 02-07-2019, 06:09 PM
Cluelessram80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That’s the plan after I aligned it. As mentioned there’s play in the bushings. Tie rods seem good. U joints are possible suspects. I’ve read many posts where people had tires re balanced many times with same problem. Don’t have a track bar.

Quick Reply: Can anyone recommend control arms?