3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Limp Mode?

Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 AM
Devon Martin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp Mode?

Hey all, I'm hoping someone can help me with my issues. First off it's a 06 1500 with the 4.7 and 545rfe. So I took my truck to lunch at work today and all was well. Getting back in the truck to head back, it started up like normal, idled for about 5 seconds and then started misfiring badly. I shut it off and cycled the key a few times and the same thing happened again. Trying to make it back to work it seems like it is in a sort of "limp mode" it hits the rev limiter at 2500 rpm and is obviously down on power. Going down the road the check engine light started flashing every once in a while.

I got to work and pulled the codes: P2305, P2311, P0300. I confirmed those codes by unplugging the #2 & #4 coils with no change in idle. All others seem to be working fine. At this point I checked for power at both coils, good. Then checked the signal wire back to the PCM, good also. Swapped 2/4 coils with 1/3 and the same result. Looks like I'm getting no coil pulse from 2/4. Any idea where to go from here?

From what I've read these symptoms point to the PCM, but I've just replaced that about 6 months ago for a no start condition. It also idles normal for ~5 seconds each time I start it. Maybe a crank/cam sensor? Any ideas? I unplugged the 2/4 injectors and drove it home but dont want to drive it until I get it sorted

Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 AM
Devon Martin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed I accidentally posted in the 2nd gen forum instead of 3rd. I dont see an option to delete or move posting location. If possible can a moderator do that for me?

Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Ooops.

Moving to third gen for ya.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Limp Mode?