3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 problem in 2002 dodge ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Jesse Carlson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys I really do appreciate it and I used my multimeter I'm getting power to the tccm but not to the actual transfer case motor with the 2 prongs I also checked all fuses 3 times and none are blown I'm thinking the tccm is shot I got it out without taking the cluster out it was definitely tight

Old 02-22-2019, 02:44 PM
Jesse Carlson
Amateur

If I buy a used one will any of them work or do I have to get one from a 2002 with the 5.9 ? I can't seem to find any that match the number on my tccm

Old 02-22-2019, 03:48 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Carlson
If I buy a used one will any of them work or do I have to get one from a 2002 with the 5.9 ? I can't seem to find any that match the number on my tccm
You need to match the part number on it I believe
, your transfer case shift motor is different than mine as I have two plugs to my shift motor unsure of yours and my issue was on the mode sensor side ,,but yours transfer case has a 4wd switch that mine does not or at least I think yours has one which may cause an issue but I am unsure,, yours also probably vacuum operated actuator for front axle that mine does not have ,, I hope the tccm fixes your issue but there are other things that could be the culprit , If possible I would suggest plugging the tccm back up and determine which wire coming off the proper plug feeds the power to your shift motor as it may be broken between tccm and your shift motor ,,on mine the power out of tccm gives power to mode sensor side of my shift motor and the mode sensor stopped the power to the shift motor itself but like I said my 04 is different

Old 02-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Jesse Carlson
Amateur

Well I had an old 2002 dodge Dakota sitting out back I swapped the tccm out from that and it works now so I don't think part numbers need to match cause the number on the Dakota was different from mine and the Dakota has a 4.7 in it is that weird or what?

Old 02-22-2019, 04:26 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jesse Carlson
Well I had an old 2002 dodge Dakota sitting out back I swapped the tccm out from that and it works now so I don't think part numbers need to match cause the number on the Dakota was different from mine and the Dakota has a 4.7 in it is that weird or what?
As long as it works all is good

Old 02-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Jesse Carlson
Amateur

Well thank you all for the help I hope this helps others honestly I didn't think that tccm was in charge of everything I guess if the lights are out on the 4x4 select **** I'd start with the module first

Quick Reply: 4x4 problem in 2002 dodge ram 1500