3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1a Auto Suspension Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 11:22 PM
JSMCO
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrsick
You mentioned that your stabilizer bar and stabilizer bar link bushings were worn, why not replace them first? Probably $50 for two quality bushings and two stabilizer bar links.
I believe the stabilizer bar links have wrench points on each end so it should be a straightforward repair.
I'd be interested to know if this works for you. The bushings on my stab bar are looking ragged also.
After a couple days of driving with the new moog rubber sway bar bushings and greasable moog sway bar links with rubber bushings, I do notice some improvement. It's not perfect like new but I can say that it's more solid when turning and while I still feel the bumps at lower speeds as I mentioned, the feeling is more muted and I can only describe it as feeling a bit tighter overall. So it was worth the $90. Once I got the old parts out, they were not in awful shape. The sway bar bushings were a bit hardened, but the OEM link bushings were like dried up cracked little smashed flat mini-donuts. Both of the OEM links still felt stiff in the ball joint area, no play, but one of the boots was torn so it was a good excuse to replace both sides.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:10 PM
JSMCO
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old thread but coming back to update. I replaced my inner and outer tie rods with new Moog ones and the ride is far improved. The bumps don't feel like they're jarring the whole front end around anymore. Should have done it back when I first posted.

Quick Reply: 1a Auto Suspension Parts