3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 ram 4.7 v8 flex fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 02:17 AM
Maximusclouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 ram 4.7 v8 flex fuel

Guys I need your help . Having issues with my climate control system, and after several hours of searching, several hundred dollars in unnecessary parts and labor, problems still there. First dodge owner, always was a ford guy, i love the truck and will always be a dodge man, but, know absolutely nothing about them. Bought it used, at a good price, never checked the climate controls. Blower fan motor would only blow on high, but vent selector would change as it should, rear defrost button would light up and work fine, i replaced the fan blower resistor, and now blower works on all fan speeds as it should, but, rear defrost button and ac (snowflake) buttons wont work, or even light up, and vent selector wont work. Replced whole control unit, still the same results. After tearing apart dash, doesn't seem to be the blend door actuators. I did check fuses, and all seem to be fine, but, on a side note, i googled the fuse box diagram, and it seemed to match up perfectly, i found a couple fuses in the not used slots, according to the diagram anyway, and removed 2, problem is, don't remember the spots. After hours of searching online, i cannot find any other fuse box diagram that is different from the one i used, so am positive i didn't pull anything i shouldn't have. But, cannot find a rear defrost fuse location for my truck, and its no where on any diagram i can find. Surely one of those extra fuses i pulled was the rear defrost fuse, but im not sure. Ill reaffirm my issue, the vent selector and heat/cool ***** do nothing, no power or sound, and the ac and rear defrost buttons don't light up or work, after i replaced the blower motor resistor and maybe pulled a fuse i should not have pulled. On a side note, radio works fine, but rear speakers don't work anymore either, and i pulled radio and checked speaker wiring and they're all good, also bought 2 new rear speakers, and still nothing. Guys please help me, i do not want to go to the dealership. Feel free to contact me anytime by direct email, thanks in advance.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My truck does not have the rear defrost, so I can't help with that. Does the a/c compressor engage when you hit the button?
Did you look at the Ram bodybuilder site? http://www.rambodybuilder.com/yearold.pdf
and for 2007: http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2007/intro.pdf I'd try to dig into it for you, but my computer won't open the pages (Windows only site, it seems).

Quick Reply: 2007 ram 4.7 v8 flex fuel