3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS and Brake light on

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Steelman66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and Brake light on

I had the all too familiar ABS and Brake lights on the dash on my 2004 Ram. Mine went further by causing the truck to stall at lights. Speed sensor (rearend, fuses) not fixed. My mechanic said all the codes pointed at the ABS module. When he removed the original unit, it fell apart in his hands. Two things. 1) there are sites on the web that state they can rebuild your unit, thereby bypassing the flashing portion of the replacement ($99-$120). I of course have the TRW brand (yes it's the factory unit) which nobody rebuilds. 2) The ABS module for my 2004 is obsolete. I managed to find one on Rockauto's site, relatively cheap. Took it to him and WALA! I'm on the road again. Thought I'd pass this along

Old 05-31-2019, 08:23 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

That is a good find, congrats !

Old 03-30-2024, 02:55 PM
Tillvalhalla1488
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steelman66
I had the all too familiar ABS and Brake lights on the dash on my 2004 Ram. Mine went further by causing the truck to stall at lights. Speed sensor (rearend, fuses) not fixed. My mechanic said all the codes pointed at the ABS module. When he removed the original unit, it fell apart in his hands. Two things. 1) there are sites on the web that state they can rebuild your unit, thereby bypassing the flashing portion of the replacement ($99-$120). I of course have the TRW brand (yes it's the factory unit) which nobody rebuilds. 2) The ABS module for my 2004 is obsolete. I managed to find one on Rockauto's site, relatively cheap. Took it to him and WALA! I'm on the road again. Thought I'd pass this along

My 04 ram 5.7 is doing the same thing. Stalling on me all of a.sudden never had the problem now it's everyday problem. It will run for five mins on its own till it stalls out and has abs warning and brake warning light. No codes. Replaced the brake switch checked grounds and corroded wires replaced them cleaned my TB. It's brake related. If I hold the brake it will run for hours. So I thought the brake switch now seeing the entire abs unit on these is a problem themselves

Old 03-30-2024, 03:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Is your truck throttle by wire? Or is there an actual cable going to the throttle body?

Quick Reply: ABS and Brake light on