3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Temp

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 08:34 PM
PMark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Temp

I have 2008 Ram 4.7L V8. I had an issue where the AC didn't feel very cold. Then I had an issue with one of the Blend Doors slamming shut when the AC was on high. Had a friend help and went through the god awful task of pulling the HVAC Box and replaced all 5 of the blend doors (3 were actually broke). We also replaced the Evap since we were in there. Put it all together and the door are all working well, Vent / Defrotst / Recirc / Floor etc. System was recharged, compressor is running and clutch is engaged when the AC is on, but the temp coming out of the Vents when AC is on high is like 90 degrees, move it down below high and it drops to 86 degrees. Double checked the freon and it's good. Radiator fans are both running. Any advice?

Old 08-01-2019, 09:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

Do you need to recalibrate the doors, or something silly like that? Are they vacuum, or electric??

Old 08-01-2019, 09:42 PM
PMark

They are electric.......but I think the warm AC problem actually started before the door started slamming shut and was broke. 3 of the doors were broke when we opened the HVAC box.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

If the compressor is running, and pressures look right, gotta be something in the heater box not opening/closing properly.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:45 PM
PMark

Got it figured it out. Everything was actually good, When it was fixed I checked the Blower Switch to make sure it was blowing at each level. I checked the switch adjusting from recirc,, vents, floor, defrost, etc. but I never checked the heat and ac temp adjuster. When I took the glove box out to see if the actuator was moving when I adjust the temp ****, I think it reset the doors to where there position should be. I suddenly had cold air blowing. Easy fix and even more easily overlooked. Thanks HeyYou!

Old 08-02-2019, 06:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Awesome. Glad ya got it working.

Quick Reply: AC Temp