3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Low/ high beam issues please help SOS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 03:45 PM
zbray253
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low/ high beam issues please help SOS!

Hey all new member I have an 06 ram 1500 and have been having issues with my headlights for some time now and am reaching out for help. My passenger side low beam doesnt work but driver side does. And the driver side high beam doesnt work but the passenger side does. Ive tried new bulbs but doesnt fix it. Could it be some issue with the TIPM? They were all working fine for a long time then just staryed having these issues. Thankyou in advance

Old 10-20-2019, 09:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Welcome to DF. Moving this to Third Gen Ram section for ya.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:47 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

check for power at the connectors. if you have power replace the connectors. if no power check for power out of the tipm or ohm check the wires from the tipm to the headlights. if the wiring is ok and you have no power out of the tipm...replace the tipm

if your handy and the the tipm is bad....there may be a youtube hack on how to install a new headlight relay on the tipm mother board or how to install an external relay.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by zbray253
Hey all new member I have an 06 ram 1500 and have been having issues with my headlights for some time now and am reaching out for help. My passenger side low beam doesnt work but driver side does. And the driver side high beam doesnt work but the passenger side does. Ive tried new bulbs but doesnt fix it. Could it be some issue with the TIPM? They were all working fine for a long time then just staryed having these issues. Thankyou in advance
Sounds like an issue with one of the computer modules on your truck. My dad had the exact same issue as you on his truck, and ended replacing one of the modules. I can't remember if it was the TIPM, but that sounds like it could be the main issue.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:56 AM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Its like they say its most likely tipm , I know previous owner of my 04 ram that had jumped the wire from one side of the light to the other so both would work but would not work on brights or something strange the way he had it , , which it worked ok but kept the lamp out light on,, so I removed it and fixed it properly which on a 04 it has IPM Integrated Power Module an a FCM or BCM some call it ,, Front Body Control Multifunction Module for headlights as yours is a Totally Integrated Power Module but they cause the same issue

Quick Reply: Low/ high beam issues please help SOS!