3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interior light timing

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interior light timing

Thanks for the reply, if it happens again I'll go ahead and do that.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:34 PM
motionb

I have the same / similar problem, mine was working fine, (06 Ram 1500) then all the sudden one night I was unloading stuff out of the truck and the lights shut off, I can manually turn on the dome lights at the switch by the steering wheel, but they still only stay on about 10 seconds. Also when I shut the door, they come back on for about 10 seconds, also when I open one of the back doors, exact same thing, comes on for 10 seconds cuts back off, shut the door and again, comes on for 10 seconds and cuts back off, don't sound like a programming problem with mine does it? I was thinking maybe some sort of relay that controls it might be bad? Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
maggiemoo72

Originally Posted by motionb
I have the same / similar problem, mine was working fine, (06 Ram 1500) then all the sudden one night I was unloading stuff out of the truck and the lights shut off, I can manually turn on the dome lights at the switch by the steering wheel, but they still only stay on about 10 seconds. Also when I shut the door, they come back on for about 10 seconds, also when I open one of the back doors, exact same thing, comes on for 10 seconds cuts back off, shut the door and again, comes on for 10 seconds and cuts back off, don't sound like a programming problem with mine does it? I was thinking maybe some sort of relay that controls it might be bad? Any ideas?
Thanks!!
motionb - did you ever find a solution? My 2006 Ram 1500 just started doing this 4 days ago. It had worked fine up and in the middle of running erands it started acting up. The "key in ignition" warning chime also cuts out with the lights.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:06 PM
motionb
Default fixed

Yea man sorry, I'm the world's worst about remembering to come in and post when it's fixed, what I did was unhook the battery for a couple minutes and it went back to working right. Actually I was told to try that and messed around and forgot, then a few days later I decided to clean my battery terminals and put that anti corrosive spray on them, once I did that and hooked it back up the lights all came back to working normal again. Now my cruise control is acting up, I get up to speed and hit "set" and the accelerator hits the floor. Thinking about maybe trying unhooking the battery again just to see if that might fix that to. Hope this helps.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 PM
fandd5@msn.com

My 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT also has been doing this same identical problem. Ill try the battery thing tomorrow also. thank you all for the suggestions.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Dodgerpos's
Default Dodge interior light issue with going out quickly.

Originally Posted by 06HemiRam
Ok, I have just bought a new 2006 dodge ram 2500. The trouble is that the interior lights when you have the door open are only on for a few seconds then go off. Dealer looked at it and was no help. Does anyone know of an adjustment to the timing for the light to stay on longer than 30 seconds. Thanks
Easy fix....remove the negative battery cable for 15 seconds , reinstall and done.

Quick Reply: Interior light timing