3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Multiple misfires- computer issue???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Lazy Hiker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Multiple misfires- computer issue???

Trying to diagnose misfires on all driver's side cylinders.

Mice chewed the wiring harness that powers the ignition modules and injectors on odd (driver's side) cylinders. I pulled the intake and was able to successfully splice all wires back together. After putting everything back together, I started the engine only to find it still misfiring on the odd bank. I find it difficult to believe that I have 4 bad ignition modules, 4 bad injectors, or 4 broken intake valve springs.

My question:
Once the computer recognizes an issue like the cut wires, does it require a dealer's diagnostic computer to clear the condition even though the wiring harness has been fixed?

2006 MegaCab 5.7L

Dave

Old 12-17-2019, 06:24 PM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I would guess no. It may set a dtc but should rectify itself if all parameters are met. I would be confirming your repairs and look for further wiring issues that may have been missed ?? Did you have the battery disconnected when doing the wiring repair?

Last edited by TrueDogman; 12-17-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:14 PM
Lazy Hiker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah...battery was disconnected. I'll have to dig around some more...

Quick Reply: Multiple misfires- computer issue???