3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

12 volt at trailer plug

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Robert Bailer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 volt at trailer plug

Hey all I've tried searching but can't seem to find my answer .
on my 06 3500 I have no 12 volt power to my trailer plug on the back of the truck. I thought there was a fuse but can't seem to find one , all the other lights work fine ?? No power with or without truck running

Old 12-30-2019, 05:01 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

You're going to need a probe tool to isolate the problem. A tool that connects to the positive and negative terminals of the truck battery.
Check for 12v positive at the plug. Be sure that you have truck lights on, or blinker, and are checking the correct pin.
If you are getting 12V then it's probably a problem with the ground. If no 12V then back probe the plug to ensure the plug is not faulty.
Use the probe to check for ground also.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:12 PM
Robert Bailer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the problem the trailer tow fuse was blown for some reason I thought that was for the tow/haul so didn't Check it carefully. Thanks for the input tho

Quick Reply: 12 volt at trailer plug