3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Getting a p0300 code on my 2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 01:56 AM
ProFlow913
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a p0300 code on my 2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Took my 2007 dodge Ram 1500 4x4 into Jiffy Lube for an oil change on Christmas Eve and 20min later as soon as service was complete. I hop in my truck start the ignition and my truck begins idling rough and has a shake to it, this has never happend before since owning my truck so this had me very worried. I put into drive and push accelerator and my truck has lost power like it does not want to accelerate i continue to push on gas and i began to go forward with loss of power and check engine light comes on my dash and begins flashing off and on. I pull back into their shop and ask them.what was the problem with my truck since everything was fine prior to me getting oil changed. They proceed to rechange my oil and put diagnostic machine on my truck to read code and it comes back p0300. At this time my truck will.not start so Jiffy Lube has my truck towed to a local Firestone to be diagnosed. Firestone comes back and tells me i need to have my headers removed and resurfaced and that my water pump appears to be leaking as well which i have never noticed any leaks prior to oil.change. im really stuck on this one and really need to get fixed asap

Last edited by ProFlow913; 12-31-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,269 Likes on 3,016 Posts

The headers and water pump have nothing to do with it. That's a random cylinder misfire, the code is reinforced by the flashing check engine light. Since it happened when you got your oil changed, I would take a look at any sensors down there they may have bumped.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:54 AM
TrueDogman
Captain
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Hopefully you have a repair shop that you deal with frequently and one which you trust. First thing I would be doing is getting it towed out of Firestone to your repair shop. The way I see it one of two things could have happened. Oil change guys did something or some failure coincidentally happened at the worst time for you. The fast lube guys should only have disturbed the oil drain plug and filter...and usually they remove the air filter to check and hopefully sell you a new one. Performing these functions should not have any effect on your symptoms as described. Just throwing this out there...Why did they change the oil a second time? Highly unlikely but did they grab the wrong bulk refill hose and fill your engine with an inappropriate fluid (coolant ?) Instead of engine oil ? I could be way off base with this but.... Get it to a trusted mechanic for proper diagnosis to see if jiffy messed up or it just happened to be a coincidental failure.

Last edited by TrueDogman; 12-31-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Getting a p0300 code on my 2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi