3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No dome lights, power mirrors, cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 02:43 PM
geomastro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No dome lights, power mirrors, cruise

All,

I recently bought a 2003 Ram 2400 QC 4x4 Hemi long bed. Truck was neglected & not running well when i bought it, so it was a bit of a project. I installed a new injector, timing chain, oil pump, oil pan, water pump, plugs, wires, etc. Truck is running great now, but trying to fix some of the "small" annoying problems I have discovered along the way. I don't know how or if any of the below are related to each other:
  • The interior dome lights do not work. None. Doesn't matter if key is on or not, manually push them or if any door is open or if headlight interior switch is rolled to turn them on. Nothing. Bulbs are good as are all the fuses associated with it in the fuse box under the hood. Nor dose the cargo light.
  • The power mirrors don't work. I replaced the door master switch for the window and locks because the it was stuck in "window lock" position. New switch solved that problem, but had no effect on power mirrors. Again, all fuses are good.
  • The cruise control does not work at all. Light doesn't come on when "set". (not convinced that this is related at all)
  • The overhead console display is reset every time the truck is tuned off. That is, the average fuel economy is 0.0 every time i turn the truck on. No memory.
  • Everything else seems to work fine. Radio (oem), power windows, locks, cluster lights (they dim properly also), power outlet, heater motor, heated mirrors,etc. are all good
I'd appreciate any troubleshooting tips. I've done a ton of internet research recently on fcm, ipm, iod fuses, ctm, etc. It's all very vague. Looking for a good place to start from someone who's seen this type of issue and a way to validate findings.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:49 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hard to say for sure , I would clean all the grounds an maybe try to clear everything by resetting the pcm maybe , unhook the battery cables an tape them together overnight and see if it helps clear any issues ,,perhaps remove the fuse box underhood and clean all the contacts an plugs underside of fuse box , check for corrosion of anything in that area including the module that mounts on side of fuse box as it controls most lighting ,,maybe check the ignition switch as I have heard of issues with it that may be related ,,good luck as it most cases you need to trace backwards in wiring to find out why there is a loss of power to a certain wire feeding it all ,,and electrical gremlins suck

Quick Reply: No dome lights, power mirrors, cruise