3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Long Term Effects of Programmers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:53 PM
frogslinger
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Long Term Effects of Programmers

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

420 to the crank?

I got the new Mopar Muscle Magazine...they took a stock Hemi, dynoed at 249hp 263tq (rear wheels)...they put the Comp XFI 260 cam with Comp valve springs (same as GM's LS-1), TCI Torque Converter, CNC Ported Heads, ASP Underdrive Pulleys and Dynatech headers. They also tuned the ECU. They didn't say if they put a CAI in, but I guessing they had too. In the end when they dynoed...it came out to 318hp 333tq to the rear wheels. If your real serious, I would get the magazine and read the article. It's really cool. The only down thing is $$$...They didn't mention any prices, but like everyone says: "Speed cost money, How fast you wanna spend"
Yup, 420 at the crank... 345-249 (96) divided by 3.45 equals a 28% driveline power loss.

318/.72 = 441 HP... even assuming 21 "fake" HP due to driveline improvements that is still 420 HP with the exact mods I recomended....

Old 12-30-2005, 08:19 PM
frogslinger
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Long Term Effects of Programmers

ORIGINAL: Avanti

Interesting (but, rather sad)... that the final Mo-power was about what a healthy, stock LS-1 does--AFTER all the changes to the hemi.

With just the headers and a decent professional dyno-tune the LS-1 will do on average an additional 30 hp and a few more than 30 #ft at the rear wheels. Seems to me that Mopar must be pretty conservative in their factory camming and tune. All the more reason we need the 6.1 from big "Mo."

All the best.
Good point, but here are a couple things...

Ls-1s run on premium not midgrade....

Ls-1s are generally attached to more efficient drivelines (30-40 HP loss through a T-56 over 90 through the mopar tranny)

GM lied like hell about the output of most of their LS motors. F-bodies have been known to put to the wheels what they were rated for at the crank.

Quick Reply: Long Term Effects of Programmers