3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hemi vs. titan

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 06:01 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hemi vs. titan

Wow!!! 24 hrs. and no Titan trolls...I'm in pressed!

Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 PM
cbrewer954
Professional

Here's a good read regarding all most of the big trucks out there. My buddy has a titan and I here from him all his crap about how his truck is better than my '03 4x4 qc.
truck test

As for this article, i hate to say it, but they list the Titan as best overall pick. However, I still love my Ram.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 PM
bmxox
Professional

a couple a weeks ago i was at the track in my 350z and there was a titan running really low 15s and then finally got a 14.9, ive never ran my hemi so i dont know how that compares nor do i know what he had done to his titan.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:34 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

Titans are very nice trucks. A four-door titan will probably keep up, maybe even beat a four door ram. The reg cab Hemi eats it no problem though. And I hate to say it, but for that motortrend test, the crew cab 4wd titan gets the number for that. There is NO way a tundra is going to put up those numbers either.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:50 PM
mikebol
Veteran

Yea, I saw those Tundra numbers and about choked. After that, I completely discounted all the performance numbers.

Looking at the truck stats, one thing that I do find interesting is the shift points on the RAM versus the Titan. The Titan has a lot shorter shifts than the RAM which alone gives it an advantage. The titan gets to 1:1 in 4th where the RAM is there in 3rd. If the RAMs shift points were that low, it wouldn't be a contest.

Mike

Old 12-24-2005, 03:25 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

Not to go off on a tangent, but something just feels really bad about buying a foreign vehicle. That could very well be one of us working the assembly line at Ford, GM or Chrysler.

Even a Toyota is made here in the US the profits go to a foreign company.

I wonder what the impact would be if every American only bought cars made in America. How would that change things? I have asked many people this question, including a college economics profesor. Nobody could predict the magnitude of the economic effect. Both good and bad because even if the foreign vehicles aren't made here, they are unloaded form the ship by American workers.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:42 PM
TENRAM

Not to be a dick but last time i checked dodges were made in mexico and fords in canada how is that american. And i think the titans are made in Mississippi. And supply a lot of jobs for americans also there HQ for nissan north america is from CA (which in my mind is a foreign country) to Nashville Tn. Explain the difference in Foreign and domestic to me now. There is no way in todays market place in the world that you can buy PURELY american made products. Designed in SD, California, Engineered in Michigan, Powertrain from Decherd, Tennessee, Final assembly in Canton, Mississippi, Tested at the Arizona Test Center. Seems to me that ALL of that is in the United States....right? YUP
rant over sorry guys.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:04 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

I know most motors are made in the fine country of Mexico but for some reason I thought most final assembly is done here in the US.

I had a really good Newsweek article that got lost in my computer meltdown.

It was about the insignificance of where products are made relative to where the corporate profits go. The theory they presented was that profits going to American companies on foreign made products had pretty much the same benefits as American made products by American companies. The author had a pretty good break down of how profits to American companies trickle down to everyone and cause new innovation and start up companies to occur. Which in the long run will create more jobs.

He had actual data to back this up, but on the other hand it could just be a bunch of extremist political propaganda too. I'm not sophisticated enough to make that decision.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:10 PM
lovemyhemi05

well its debateable who will win i a stright line race but who really cares we can go fast or just look good going slown something that a nissan could never do. i love my truck and i dont care what anyone says the dodge is a great deal with killer looks killer power (thats is easily modified to make more) and a price that will not hut your wallet too much.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:11 PM
120hp harley

I don't know about you but I find alot of articles where the trucks are set up equal and professionals do the testing and 99% of the time the results are like this.
http://www.truckworld.com/Truck-Test...-4way-num.html
Titan seems to edge out the Ram and the Chevy is always last.

Quick Reply: hemi vs. titan