3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No high beams

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 09:55 PM
Tim Kantz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No high beams

Ok been reading and I don't see anything on my exact issues, I hope I just didn't oversee it.
so, here's my issues. I lost both high beams. My truck is a 07 ram, I originally lost a passinger side low beam, like I seen one line a easy hack , I jump it across from the driver side. Then a few days later I loose the driver side high beam. I read up more and seen about headlight drivers built into the tipm. So, I pulled it apart and looked for any bad spots on the boards.. everything seemed to appear good. So I put it back together and jumped another wire from passinger side to driver's side. And again they all worked, yeah I thought. Must be a bad tipm. Then a few days later I go to flip to high beams and nothing. So unhook the jumper wires and still no high beams, but now both lows are working. I tested my multifunction switch and it seems to be ok. When I do flip the lever the blue indicator lights up on dash, but no highs. I read about a forward controller ,but when I look it up I can't find any for a 07. So.... I'm lost, where do I go from here. Do I try to find a tipm??

Old 11-29-2020, 11:37 PM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Sounds like one or more of the computers on your truck is going bad. It might be the TIPM, but I am not 100% sure since I can't confirm it.

Old 11-30-2020, 12:24 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 222 Likes on 202 Posts

Bad idea to just start jumping things, CAN bus vehicles are sensitive that way....

Old 11-30-2020, 11:34 AM
Tim Kantz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No high beams

Originally Posted by Magnoom
Bad idea to just start jumping things, CAN bus vehicles are sensitive that way....
Yea I see that.lol. I had a feeling not to but, I was watching YouTube.
I guess my question is there anything other then the tipm and the computer that wo control the lights. Like I said I seen a forward control module listed, but only for the newer ones and older ones. I didn't st anything for my year?

Quick Reply: No high beams